Our Mission Statement
Ten Ten Sinclair Housing Inc. promotes, develops, and administers affordable, accessible housing and support services, in keeping with the Independent Living philosophy, for persons with physical and reasonably equivalent disabilities.
The following values guide the organization and its services.
- A commitment to high consumer involvement in the Ten Ten Sinclair Housing Inc. organization.
- A commitment to consumer control over their living situation, including a commitment to consumers assuming responsibility for decision making with all the associated risks and responsibilities.
- A commitment to experiential learning.
- A commitment to integrated community living.
- A commitment to consumers maximizing their potential in independent living.
- A commitment to collaboration and partnerships with community organizations.
Ten Ten Sinclair Housing Inc. fulfils its mandate in the following ways:
- By providing an accessible apartment complex, transitional in nature, at 1010 Sinclair Street.
- By providing opportunities for people with physical disabilities to develop the skills required to function independently in an integrated community setting.
- Supportive counselling and direct assistance focused towards the development of:
- By participating in the development of appropriate housing models to facilitate independent living for people with physical disabilities.
- To develop and promote independent living housing models and support services in the community.
Click here to read the 2015 - 2016 Annual General Report